Monday, March 14, 2011

purple, at last


I collect old glass electrical insulators but am far from a connoisseur in these collecting matters. In fact I have a fairly small collection, and not very valuable, though that's not the reason I began collecting them anyhow! I've been in search of the elusive purple insulators for a year, and on Sunday at the Rose Bowl Flea Market I stumbled across a lower-value Whitall Tatum, going for only ten dollars! My hands were shaking while I counted out the bills, as I was 'getting my fix' as my boyfriend said. I told him and my mom this would end my obsessive hoarding of these beautiful antique lumps of glass... but there are a few more colors I'd love to have, and if given the opportunity to pry a few from some defunct telephone poles I'd do it purely for the thrill of the experience. So... my love affair is far from over, though at this moment it seems like it is.

No comments: