Wednesday, March 16, 2011

happy wednesday!


Today I walked the dogs to the park and talked to an elderly couple with a black pug named Lucy! It seems like every time I go to the park I end up talking to much older people... probably because all the younger people are asleep or at work. I like talking to old people though, or rather listening to their stories. It's such a treasure to listen to them reminisce, and for some reason they tell stories so well! I know I'm making sweeping generalizations here, but honestly almost every old person I've spoken to in the past few months is so animated and wonderful that I can't help but think it's a generational thing. Anyway... after my mom's first morning class she stopped by at home and made smoothies, which were absolutely delicious. Then I tidied my room and sorted out items to donate to the Salvation Army. I spent the rest of the afternoon doodling and sketching before taking myself to the dentist, then upon returning my mom handed me a handful of roasted almonds covered in cinnamon and sugar that one of the students' moms had given to my mom. I watched my mom play with one of my dogs in the last sunlight of the day before going inside to help prepare dinner. Work at 5:30 tomorrow morning, yay! Feels nice to mix things up...

No comments: